Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 1994 10:48:53 EST
Message authorized by:
    : [log in to unmask](RFC-822)@INTERNET at email

>Our Gis department need a digital map of the following counties: Los
>Angeles, Orange, San Bernadino and River Side. We're looking for
>vector format but could use raster too. The spatial datas must
>include counties' boundaries, cities' names and major roads. The
>files could be from commercial sources.

>If you can help, thanks in advance.

Are you sure that you want the entire counties or do you want just the metro
area?  The reason I ask is that only about 40% of L.A. County is in the metro
area, only about 10% of San Bernardino County is in the metro area and only
about 20% of Riverside County is the metro area.  Also, if you are interested in
metropolitan coverage, you should include the part of Ventura County that includ
es the cities of Simi Valley and Thousand Oaks.

I can point you to the right 1:100K DLG quads if you can be more specific in
what you need.

BTW the third and fourth counties you mentioned are San Bernardino and
Riverside, not as you had them.

Hope this help.

--Tom