Sender:
From:
C Denise Stephens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 1994 16:10:11 EDT
Greetings,

     A group of researchers here are in need of El Salvador mapping
information.  Below is the forwarded information we have been
working with.  Perhaps someone out there will be able to assist.

----------------------------Original
message----------------------------

A>  I am attempting to verify the existence and location of the
following:

     Salvador.  Direccion General de Estadistica y Censos.
     CROQUIS MUNICIPALES DE LA REPUBLICA DE EL SALVADOR.
     Zona Occidental.  Suplementos III y IV del Diccionario
     Geografico.  San Salvador, 1960?

I cannot presently confirm that Supplement 4 actually exists, and
I have not located a copy of Supplement 3 to date.  If anyone can
be of assistance, I would be very grateful.

B>  I would also appreciate opinions regarding the best
geographical dictionary for El Salvador since the 2-volume edition
published by the Ministerio de Obras Publicas in 1985.  We have a
patron who will be taking several researchers to El Salvador this
summer to do extensive geographical research in several areas, and
this information would be extremely helpful.

Many thanks!

Denise Stephens
University of Virignia Library
Charlottesville, VA  22903-2498