Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 1994 10:24:03 EDT
We use "Where Once We Walked" by Gary Mokotof and Sallyann Amdur Sack.  It
lists thousands of small communities in Eastern Europe--many of which have
changed their name or where destroyed during WWI or WWII.  The emphasis of the
book is Jewish communities.  It has a sound index and the back and gives the
coordinates of each town listed.  We use this book at least half a dozen times
a day.  There is no ISBN.  An address is listed in the front:  Avotaynu Inc.,
PO Box 1134, Teaneck, NJ 07666.

--Christopher JJ Thiry
New York Public Library--Map Division