Date:
Tue, 19 Apr 1994 09:45:22 EDT
We have a reader who is looking for some data on agricultural
crop acreages worldwide.  However, he is not looking for country
by country stats, but something that will tell him whereabouts
these crops are planted -- perhaps 1 degree or 5 degree cells
worldwide.  It is this part of his request that we have been
unable to meet.

Specifically, he is after the acreages of wheat, maize (corn),
rice and soya beans.  The data would preferably be in digital
format, though hard copy would be acceptable.

Does anyone have any suggested references?

John Cain
University of Melbourne Map Library