Date:
Fri, 17 Jun 1994 16:52:17 EDT
I have an undated letter from a person in Edinburgh;
I am embarrassed to say that it looks as if it
arrived here in early April, while I was still
very far behind in my work due to Larry Carver
having been out of the office for nearly 2 months.

What this person needs are maps, satellite images,
or aerial photographs of the Asir region, sw
Saudi Arabia.  What the person is looking for
is data from 1:500 to 1:10,000 scale.  My library
certainly doesn't have anything like that; the
largest scale is 1:250,000.  If you do have
anything on this order, please send the information to:
Hani al-Jawahrah, 91 Upper Craigour, Edinburgh,
EH 17 7SE, UNITED KINGDOM.

(of course by now the person may have given up in
disgust - I'll be sending an appropriately
apologetic letter)

Mary Larsgaard
UCSB Map & Imagery Lab