From:
Debbie Lords <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 1994 16:27:21 EDT
I saw a warning about some software called CD-IT.  I have not yet
been able to discover if the software or the warning are legitimate
or if they are some kind of joke.
The warning says that software called CD-IT claims to take a
regular CD-ROM readable only drive and change it to CD-RECORDABLE,
which (according to the warning) is technically impossible.  The
software (we are warned) is actually a virus which will do nasty things.
Does anybody know if there really is such a virus making the
rounds?  Something inside suggests that it may be a joke to test the
speed with which negative information can spread through the Internet.
Anyone have info from a reliable source regarding this?
Thanks.

If anyone is interested in the actual warning, I can post it, but
take note.  It came on a Chorus discussion list, not from a list
which routinely discusses viral infections.

Debbie Lords
Marriott Library

P.S. To Dave G.  I heard, I listened, I took to heart. Thanks.  Deb.