From:
"Diana.Rivera" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 1994 09:28:49 EST
I wanted to throw my 2 cents in worth and complain about a couple of atlases
that I purchased for MSU and feel the publishers gipped me as well.

I'm referring to THE ECONOMIST ATLAS OF THE NEW EUROPE published by Holt.  The
OCLC record used to order this had the following incomplete message in the 500
field reading "Originally published in Great Britain in 1992 by Century
Business..." -- T.p. verso.  Had some indication been given by Holt that it
was the same title as EUROPE: A THEMATIC ATLAS, I could have saved myself
forty bucks! (In my budget that is alot!)  So I ended up with 2 copies which
our cataloging department linked on our NOTIS system.

If you need to borrow one,  I can spare it......

Diana (the Gripe) Rivera
Michigan State Univ.