Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 1994 15:06:53 EST
I'll certainly agree with all the comments on the calling public. I spent 7
years as a Directory Assistance Operator/Instructor.  At the rate of 40,000
calls or so per month I think I may edge out our ticket reservationist.

There were times that would really make you shake your hear, not to mention
frighten you with the idea that you were going to be on the road driving home
with these folks in a few hours.

The positive side to look at is the thousands of calls you don't remember the
details on because they went exactly as they should have.  We use to joke in
the office that we could never write a true book on what it was like because
a publisher would take one glance at it and classify it as fiction.

No longer in DA but the strange calls still continue..........this week a
gentleman all upset because the 800 # he was calling wouldn't go
through....................He was trying to call Eastern Airlines.  How long
have they been gone for now?

Take care and happy calling  :-)