From:
Roy Hughes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 May 1994 10:41:26 EDT
Although I've been reading this and other image and mapping
groups for some time, I've not seen any postings that suggest
a solution to a problem I have.

I would like to be able to extract county boundary outlines
in vector format from the USGS Digital Line Graph (DLG)
1:2,000,000 CD-ROM of the United States on my PC.  The
CD-ROM comes with a demo program called "mapper," but the
USGS folks tell me that I need a "spatial application
package" to manipulate the data on the CD-ROM.

Thus far I have not seen mention of such a program that would
run on a 486 PC.  As I am an educator, not a cartographer or
programmer, I would like to find a user friendly, relatively
inexpensive software program that would allow me to process
the DLG data on my PC in a vector file format (for scaling
purposes) that could then be converted to a standard PC
graphics file format, such as .tif or .pcx.

If anyone could e-mail me suggestions or leads, I would
greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

roy

Roy E. Hughes                   [log in to unmask]
8904 164th Street S.E.          (206) 668-0515
Snohomish, WA 98290