From:
Four One <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jun 1994 15:26:44 EDT
For all of our waiting customers and others interested,

here is an update on the availability of the:

                TRAVELLER'S YELLOW PAGES GUIDE & HANDBOOK -- ST.
PETERSBURG
&
  TRAVELLER'S YELLOW PAGES GUIDE & HANDBOOK -- MOSCOW.

InfoServices International, the publisher informs me that MOSCOW should
be put
to press at the end of JULY. Their editing staff has been working
frantically
for the past two months trying to condense 900 pages of material into
400 (in
order to keep the book compact and as fully functional as the SPb
guide.) I
presume that the accompanying map for this edition is already completed.

ST. PETERSBURG is currently available (and in stock), as well as
separate copies
of the SPb map, if you don't want the book. In addition, for the
upcoming
GOODWILL GAMES that will be held in SPb, the publisher has prepared an
update/addendum that is available as an insert to the regular volume.
This will
arrive shortly.

More details, including an attractive four-colour brochure on the above
guides
can be obtained from me, Randal Eastman, at:

or

No hard sell, but I feel that anyone planning a trip to Russia or
particularly
these two cities would find the information contained therein to be very
useful
and a big help in preparing carefully for your trip. These books are NOT
Fodor's or Insight guide--rather a collection of concise essays, and
up-to-date
phone/fax/addresses of everything that you will want in SPb/Moscow
(including
the location of the [very few] public toilets!

(Sigh, I remember my first trip to Vladivostok in 1990, while I was
serving in
the Navy, and the good-hearted ladies in the washroom let me use the
facilities
for free--saving me 15 kopecks. I wonder what the going rate is now?)

RANDAL