From:
Linda Zellmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 1994 16:25:08 EDT
Concerning large format copiers in the library:

The University of Wyoming Libraries do not have a large-format
copier.  One of my duties as map librarian is to keep a list of local
large-format and color copiers in town.  This list is updated every
year or so.  There are two large format copiers on campus, so patrons
do not have to go very far to do large-format copies.

We do check out our encapsulated historic maps to be copied on color
and large- format copiers.  However, if there is any question about
whether a map should circulate, the reference department (who sign
the special permission loan slips when I am not available) errs on
the side of caution.  If a patron insists that they want a copy of a
map, I take it to one of the copy machines on or near campus and do
the copying myself.  This falls under our fee for service guidelines,
which recoups the cost of photocopying, plus $12 per hour (or
portion thereof) for the "document delivery fee."  If we ship, there
is also a shipping charge.

If you cannot afford to support a large format copier, you might wish
to pursue this option for fragile items.  Linda Zellmer  University
of Wyoming