Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 1996 15:21:43 EDT
Dear All,

I will do a fuller News for April shortly, but just as a quick update
Bartholomew are delighted to be able to announce the release of Version
1.0 of EUROMAPS on CD-ROM for MapInfo. This is a complete and consistent
(almost) 1:1million dataset for Europe from North Cape to Gibraltar and
Iceland to the Caspian Sea. It leaves DCW looking a bit feeble since
the data are far more structured and attributed. What is more everything
is set up with keys, symbology and so on so literally all you have to
do is double click on the MapInfo workspace and you're off. It contains
contours, bathymetry, roads, railways, lakes, rivers, towns, mountains,
admin divisions, and so on (77,000 towns for example).

All of this for 1100 pounds (plus VAT in Europe).

A sample is available free on our forthcoming sample data CD.

We are interested in having it reviewed in appropriate journals and
magazines so if you would be interested please contact us - note
though that free review copies will be strictly limited.

Any enquiries to either me [log in to unmask] or David Benson
Tel 44 (0)181 307 4065 Fax 44 (0)181 307 4813.

Note: The MapInfo/Arcview Euromaps CDs should be available to CHEST
academic users shortly (subject to confirmation).

The Arcview CD is in production and should be available in late May.

Thank you for your time.

Tim Rideout
Bartholomew

PS I think I have now sent out catalogues to all those who asked
for them so these should arrive soon. Those who asked for Sample
CDs will get them when they are ready.