From:
Bruce A Eichhorst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 1995 09:13:58 EDT
I have been using Atlas Mapmaker to make maps, but the boundary files
that came with the program include few lakes (what is a map of Utah
without the Great Salt Lake!).

Are there any NON-COMMERCIAL sources of boundary files for the states of
the U.S., Canada, Mexico?  Maybe free from some government agency or
geography group?

Ideally I would like boundary files that include the main lakes and
rivers for each of the states/provinces.  Files that give the actual
latitude-longitude coordinates of the boundaries would be best since
Mapmaker can convert such files to the proper file format used by the
program.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

A non geographer/cartographer
Bruce Eichhorst ([log in to unmask])
Dept. of Biology
University of North Dakota