From:
Tim Liebermann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jul 1994 08:48:05 EDT

Getting 1:50K maps will be difficult.  Some US Army maps may be available
at that scale.
My suggestion is to make do with 1:100K maps.  That is the USGS "intermediate"
scale for mapping.  All transportation and hydrography are already available
in digital form and are being distributed on CD-ROM.  All 1:100K quads for
N. Carolina, S. Carolina, and Georgia are available on one CD-ROM, called
Area 3.  Phone number for more information is Earth Science Information
Center (ESIC)  --  1-800-USA-MAPS.  The CD-ROMs cost $32.