From:
Richard Pinnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jul 1994 08:35:19 EDT

A number of you have reported a bug in our hypermedia information system,
which we dubbed UW Electronic Library.  Apparently those of you who
accessed our home page and clicked on By Discipline got a 403 error
message which denied access to hyperlinked resources.  We THINK we have
solved the problem; one of our server directories contained an .htaccess
file which was limiting access to the local community.  I would be
grateful if anyone who experiences connect problems of the kind outlined
above could let me know.  Once again the URL for our home page is:
  http://www.lib.uwaterloo.ca/
When the home page document is loaded you can scroll down to By Discpline
and click on it.  Hopefully the connection will work!
  Richard Pinnell
  University of Waterloo