From:
ANDRE BRUTON <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ANDRE BRUTON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 1995 14:54:01 EDT

Hi All

>> Besides military installation planners, GRASS users now include Corps
>>  and Divisions, the USDA Soil Conversation
>> Service, American Farmland Trust, the USDI National Park Service, NAS
>>  universities, commercial firms, and state
>> and local organizations.

It was with interest to read all about GRASS and it's use by the
different organisations and military installations. This leads me to my
pet search for certain info.

I'm looking for ANY information on Midway Island in the Pacific. I want
to update my Microsoft FLight Simulator scenery of Midway with accurate
information on roads etc. I even wrote a letter to the Island commander
and got a standard Military letter saying that there wasn't any
information available.

Please, the Military has been scaled down from 2000 personnel to under
200 and it isn't classified an active base, so somewhere there must be
some information. I managed to get an article in a 1964 National
Geographic which showed some info.

Hope to hear from someone with some info, maps or images of Midway.

Best regards

--
Andre F Bruton

InterNet:    [log in to unmask]
WWW Page:    http://www.pix.za/0/business/a.bruton/scenery.html
Compuserve:  100075,1177
Tel/FAX:     +27 (11) 475-3279

 * RM 1.3 01535 * Man`s horizons are bounded by his vision.