From:
Karen Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Feb 1996 15:02:50 EST
We are looking for a comprehensive electronic atlas for use in an
undergraduate teaching setting.  This would be used primarily by our
International Studies students; the professor would like them to be able
to print maps at varying scales.   The department has about $400 to allot
to this.  They originally intended to spend the money  on rolled maps for
classroom use; so this is the sort of information they are after.

I am familiar with the Times Map that came out on disk a few years ago
and would be interested in any opinions on this product as well as
alternative suggestions.

I'm not sure how MAPS-L is handling this sort of request right now.  If
the usual practice is to respond to the poster directly, I will be happy
to summarize for the list.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Karen Campbell                             Bush Memorial Library
[log in to unmask]                   Hamline University
(612)641-2482                              St. Paul, Minnesota
We are "web weavers and dancers at the dawn of the Meso-Electronic Period"
                                       ---Paul Evan Peters