From:
HelenJane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 1997 14:18:03 EST
I have just reread my message to the LIST on Dec.31st concerning the
request for Maps of Trinidad and Tobago at 1:10,000.  In my hurry to post
a message before my holiday leave, I may have implied something in the
message which is not University of Florida policy.  This maps are a D.O.S.
copyrighted series and therefore we would follow copyright law.  The offer was
simply for the specific feature mentioned on the map and then only for the
researcher's private use.

We have a standard form for use of copyrighted maps that accompany such a
request.  We want to revise the form and also include it on the University
of Florida Map & Imagery Library Home Page.  If any of you know of other
libraries which have such statements for map use either on the INTERNET or
in paper form, we would appreciate learning about them.

Thank you
HelenJane Armstrong
Head, Map & Imagery Library
University of Florida