From:
Mike Layland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 1996 12:58:48 EDT
Greetings MAPS-L Forum.
I am researching the history of mapping in South America. One aspect of
this was the work of the IAGS (Inter American Geodetic Survey) based in the
Canal Zone, Panama but a dependency of the US Army Map Service now Defense
Mapping Agency. They were active in many of the countries in the forties
through seventies. They provided technical support, training,
infrastructure and operating funding for control networks, airphoto,
photogrammetry, cartography and map printing.

My question: Has anyone published a detailed record/study of their work? I
have "Men who Measure the Earth" National Geographic Magazine, March 1956.
But that was early in the project and light on hard data.
Sincere thanks,
Mike Layland