From:
Date:
Mon, 28 Nov 1994 12:05:31 EST
Two messages.--------------------Johnnie

      Wed, 23 Nov 1994 12:27:48 +0000 (GMT)
      Bob Parry <[log in to unmask]>
         Re: Brittish Aerial Photos

Yes, DOS became part of Ordnance Survey, and now go under the name of OS
International. The library holdings, including air photos, of the former
DOS are now held there. Include air photos of Belize. You should contact
International Library, Ordnance Survey, Romsey Road, Southampton SO9 4DH,
UK. Tel. 44 703 792659 or Fax 44 703 792230

Bob Parry, University of Reading, UK

On Mon, 21 Nov 1994, Louis Neff wrote:

>      I'm  conducting archaeological research in the upper Belize River Valley
> in west central Belize.  I'm interested in obtaining digital elevation models
> and aerial photographs of the area.  I'm particularly interested in aerials
> which could document changes in land use patterns over time. I've heard the
> Directorate of Overseas Surveys in Tolworth, Surrey, England has a large
> collection of British aerials.  I've also heard they have been merged with the
> Ordinate Survey in Southhampton as of 1984?  I'd appreciate any information
 the
> members of the list would have concerning this query.   Thanks in advance,
>
> Ted Neff
> P.O. Box #22295
> Flagstaff, AZ 86002-2295

    : Wed, 23 NOV 94 11:27:05 GMT
       : RE: Brittish Aerial Photos

With reference to Overseas Survey Directorate it is indeed now part
of the Ordnance Survey in Southampton.

As regards Belize you might also contact the Department of Geography
(Dr Peter Furley) at Edinburgh University as they have been
involved with the Belize Agricultural Census and other projects
since the early 1970's. I think they probably have complete Arc/Info
coverage of Belize at a reasonably large scale (I am not sure what),
plus landsat images and son on.

best wishes

Tim Rideout
Bartholomew