From:
Arlyn Sherwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Sep 1996 17:26:42 EDT
     I have a patron who eventually of course would like to know how much
     his map is worth and understands that we can't appraise, but I said
     I'd try to verify the bibliographic details and try to find a previous
     sale price. I'm not having any luck with the resources at my disposal
     since we don't claim to specialize in historical cartography. So, help
     please.

     I have a color photocopy of part of his map. The title in the upper
     right corner appears to be : Bedford comitatus olim pars
     Cathifvclanorvm.    In the bottom right corner is the info on
     Christopher Saxton cartographer and William Kip engraver.  In the
     bottom left corner is "15."

     Phillips gives several Saxton atlas plate descriptions but Bedford is
     never listed separately. I only have a couple outdated years of
     Antique Map Prices. Nor do I have many dealers' catalogs. I don't have
     any  of those cartobibliographies of the British Isles.

     Anybody able to help?