From:
Graham Allsopp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 1996 11:51:20 EDT
>Many of our users want to improve their electronic maps in
>one way or another......

>Obvious candidates are
>Adobe Illustrator and CorelDraw (spelling?). Are there
>others? Can anyone offer recommendations?

Don't forget Macromedia FreeHand which is certainly as good, and probably
better than either of the other two, and has the added advantage that it is
currently by far and away the best cross-platform drawing application. It
works equally well on PCs and Macs (and uses a common file format for
both).

However, all three have a pretty steep learning curve for new users. I'd
use one extensively yourself before you consider letting open-access users
loose on one.

Graham

Graham Allsopp                       Department of Geography
Email: [log in to unmask]     University of Sheffield
Tel:   0114 282 4741 (direct line)   Winter Street, SHEFFIELD
Fax:   0114 279 7912                 S10 2TN, United Kingdom

NB! NEW PHONE NUMBER FROM 9 DEC 1996: 0114 222 7916