From:
JENNIFER FU <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Feb 1996 10:31:52 EST
This Jennifer Fu from Florida International University. Since our
institute is fairly new, we are just starting planning our map collection.
I have a few requests from anyone who can provide any help:

1) the collection policy/guideline of maps in your library, which defines
the scope of the collection

2) tips on acquisition (any vendors for maps) -- you can forward me
the information of your favorite map vendors

3) tips on classification -- what call number scheme you use? how do you
arrange depository maps and non-depository maps? what about the big
scrolls, globes?

You can send me any tips or information via e-mail or mail:

Jennifer Fu
Documents Librarian
AT227B, University Park
Miami, FL33199