From:
"LAMONT, MELISSA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 1996 10:53:52 EST

Forwarded from govdoc-l, sorry for duplication.
   Melissa Lamont

**************************
>Date: Wed, 03 Apr 1996 11:26:23 -0600
>From: "Judith C. Russell" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: FDLP Study: Draft Report on GPO Web Site and Federal Bulletin Board
>Sender: Discussion of Government Document Issues <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Multiple recipients of list GOVDOC-L <[log in to unmask]>

The draft report to Congress of the Study to Identify Measures Necessary
for a Successful Transition to a More Electronic Federal Depository Library
is now available on the GPO Web site and the Federal Bulletin Board/FTP
site.

The address on the Web is:
http://www.access.gpo.gov/su_docs/dpos/rep_cong/efdlp.html

The address on the Federal Bulletin Board/FTP site is:
fedbbs.access.gpo.gov/lps_info

Dial in users (202-512-1387, Settings 8N1, Full Duplex) or those accessing
by telnet to fedbbs.access.gpo.gov should select option I (eye) from the
Main Menu or type /GO DEPOSITORY to get to the appropriate menu page.

There are 20 files available.  Four files are available in both ASCII text
(.txt) and Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (.pdf).  All other files
are available only in PDF format.  The complete file list is as follows:

Table of Contents:         contents.txt;   contents.pdf
Executive Summary:         summary.txt;    summary.pdf
Roster of Participants:    roster.txt;     roster.pdf
Legislative Requirements:  mandate.txt;    mandate.pdf
Transmittal Letters (as scanned images in PDF files):
  Senator Mack:                            mack.pdf
  Congressman Packard:                     packard.pdf
  Congressman Thomas:                      thomas.pdf
  Senator Warner:                          warner.pdf
Report:                                    report.pdf
Attachments:
  All Attachments:                         attach.pdf
  Attachments A through C                  attach1.pdf
  Attachments D-1 through D-3              attach2.pdf
  Attachments D-4 through D-10             attach3.pdf
  Attachments D-11 through D-15            attach4.pdf
  Attachments E through H                  attach5.pdf
Exhibit 1 (Strategic Plan):                exhibit.pdf

There is one additional file (comment.txt) that provides instructions on
how to submit comments.  It is incorporated below:

*

Report to the Congress

STUDY TO IDENTIFY MEASURES NECESSARY FOR A SUCCESSFUL TRANSITION
TO A MORE ELECTRONIC FEDERAL DEPOSITORY LIBRARY PROGRAM

On March 29, 1996, Public Printer Michael F. DiMario transmitted
the draft report to Congress on the Study to Identify Measures
Necessary for a Successful Transition to a More Electronic
Federal Depository Library Program.  In transmitting the report,
Mr. DiMario stated that the draft was being submitted to comply
with the legislative requirements for submission by March 1996,
and he proposed an additional 60-day period for public review
and comment.  GPO plans to submit the final report to Congress at
the end of May.

Comments on the report may be submitted by Internet e-mail to
[log in to unmask], by fax to FDLP Study at (202) 512-1262, or by mail
to FDLP Study, Mail Stop SDE, U.S. Government Printing Office,
Washington, DC 20401.  Please be sure to include sufficient
information to identify yourself and enable us to contact you for
additional information or clarification (e.g. name, affiliation,
telephone number, e-mail address).