From:
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 1997 16:50:48 EST
This message is from Robert Laurini <[log in to unmask]>

-------------------Johnnie

>Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 16:18:02 +0100 (MET)
>From: Robert Laurini <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: ACM-GIS 97

CALL FOR PAPERS

5th ACM WORKSHOP ON=20
GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA=20
November 13-14, 1997

http://www.insa-lyon.fr/Labos/LISI/GIS.html

Scope of the conference: The scope of this conference will be to regroup=20
all people carrying out researches in novel systems based on spatial data=
=20
and knowledge. The emphasis will be essentially targeted to the developme=
nt
 of generic principles and systems in computing based on those applicatio=
ns. For cross-fertilizations and synergies between several applications c=
an help to develop new computing knowledge. Among others, we are especial=
ly looking for papers dealing with:

- Embarked GIS
- Spatial Decision Support System
- CASE tools for geomatics
- Visual languages and user interfaces
- Real time GIS, especially based on GPS
- Hypermaps and interactive mapping
- Visualization and huge synoptics design
- Computer Graphics semiology=20
- Multi-source fusion especially for updating
- Quality control and re-engineering
- Parallel and distributed GIS=20
- Knowledge discovery and mining
- GIS meta data- Multi-media GIS
- Digital libraries for GIS
- Virtual reality in GIS
- Interoperability among heterogeneous GIS=20
- Geographic data interchange standards
- GIS and internet working
- Client-server architecture for GIS
- GIS and cooperative work (CSCW)
- Multidatabase GIS=20
- GIS and Java=20
- Distributed spatial objects
- Spatial knowledge engineering=20
- Systems for spatial reasoning
- Systems for spatial negotiation
- Spatial data warehousing and indexing
- 3D GIS
- etc.

Among novel applications, attention will overall be paid to domains such =
as:

- risk prevention
- earth observation
- urban and environmental planning
- marine cartography
- transportation
- geomarketing
- geological information systems
- extraterrestrial mapping
- etc.

Submission:  Please, send full papers (4 copies), limited to 12 pages,=20
together with authors'names and addresses to the Program Committee Chairm=
an
 by May 1st, 1997. For electronic submission, only texts in WORD will be=20
accepted. Address: Prof. Robert LAURINI, ACM-GIS'97, LISI - 404  - INSA -=
=20
University of Lyon, F - 69621 Lyon - Villeurbanne Cedex;=20
Fax : +33 4 72 43 88 99, E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Organization
------------

General Chairs

Nikki  Pissinou, The University of Southwestern Louisiana, USA
Kia Makki, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, USA
Patrick Bergougnoux, The University of Toulouse, France

Program Chairs

Robert Laurini, INSA and University of Lyon, France
William Campbell, NASA, Greenbelt, USA

Program Committe Members

Marc P. Armstrong, The University of Iowa, USA
Antonio Morais Arnaud, New University of Lisbon, Portugal=20
Kirsi Artimo, Helsinki University of Technology, Finland
Azzedine Boulmakoul, Mohammedia Hassan II Univ., Morocco
Patrice Boursier, University of Paris-Sud, France=20
John V. Carlis, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
SK Chang, University of Pittsburgh, USA=20
Nicholas Chrisman, University of Washington, Seattle USA
Bianca Falcidieno, IMA-CNR, Genua, Italy
Chris Gold, Laval University, Quebec, Canada=20
Michael F. Goodchild, NCGIA, Santa Barbara, CA, USA   =20
Silvia Gordillo, La Plata University, Buenos Aires, Argentina=20
Oliver G=FCnther, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Andreas Henrich, University of Siegen, Germany
John R. Herring, Oracle Corporation, Virginia, USA=20
Erlang Jungert, FOA, Linkoping, Sweden
Waldemar W. Koczkodaj, Laurentian University, Canada=20
Hannu Kangassalo, University of Tampere, Finland
Jacqueline Le Moigne, NASA, Greenbelt, MD, USA
Ki-Joune Li, Pusan National University, South Korea
Werner Kuhn, University of M=FCnster, Germany  =20
Yannis Manolopoulos, Aristotle Univ., Thessaloniki, Greece=20
Claudia Bauzer Medeiros, University of Campinas, Brazil=20
Christine Parent, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
Lutz Pl=FCmer, University of Bonn, Germany
Elke A. Rundensteiner, Worcester Polyt. Inst. MA, USA=20
Hanan Samet, University of Maryland, USA=20
Michel Scholl, CNAM, Paris, France
Shashi Shekhar, Univ. of Minnesota, Minneapolis,  USA=20
Timos Sellis, National Technical Univ. of Athens, Greece
Sylvie Servigne, INSA, Lyon, France
Terence R. Smith, UCSB, Santa Barbara, CA, USA=20
Nectaria Tryfona, University of Maine, Orono, ME, USA=20
Kyu-Young Whang, KAIST, South Korea =20
Michael F Worboys, Keele University, UK=20

Paper submission deadline:      May 1,   1997
Notification of acceptance:     July 15,   1997 =20
Camera ready paper due:         October  15,   1997=20
ACM-GIS'97 workshop date:       November 13-14,   1997