From:
Date:
Thu, 15 May 1997 12:19:38 EDT
2 messages.-------------------------Johnnie

>Date:         Thu, 15 May 97 10:40:45 EDT
>From:         HelenJane Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Re: Industrial Atlas of Soviet Successor States

The University of Florida bought both "An Industrial Atlas of the Soviet
Successor States and the "Post-Soviet Industrial Geolocator(CD-ROM).  It
was received yesterday so I have had no opportunity to review it except
to said it has a spiral binding and enforced paper cover.  If no one
provides any comments by monday May 19th concerning the atlas, I will
be glad to post my comments to MAPS-L.

We purchased both of the items based on professors suggestions from the
fields of Geography and Economics.  The price was reduced in a letter
dated Feb. 13, 1997 from the author and sent on the publisher's letter-
head, Industrial Information Resources, Inc.  Address: Columbia Centre,
11011 Richmond Ave., 4th Floor, Houston, TX 77042.  Phone: 1-800-266-
3361.  The Atlas price for Libraries is $150.00 plus SH.  The price for
students and Professors is $100.00.  The original cost was $795.00.  The
CDROM is $399.00+SH with an additional discount of $50.00 for universities.
The original cost was $1,195.

Hope this helps until someone provides a more definitive discussion of the
atlas.

HelenJane Armstrong, Head, Map & Imagery Library, University of Florida

>Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 09:34:50 -0500 (EST)
>From: [log in to unmask] (Cheryl Woods)
>Subject: Re: Industrial Atlas of Soviet Successor States

Melissa,
We have ordered the atlas for $160 US ($150, plus $10 shipping). The CD-ROM
was also reduced significantly. The phone number is 713-783-5147 ext 3482 -
Industrial Information Resources, Houston.
Cheryl

 Cheryl Woods
 Map Curator                                       tel: 519-661-3424
 SSC 1051                                          fax: 519-661-3750
 University of Western Ontario                     [log in to unmask]
 London, Canada  N6A 5C2