From:
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 1996 09:20:27 EST
4 messages.----------------------------------Johnnie

>Subject: Re: Middletown, California?
>Date: Thu, 04 Apr 96 08:32:17 PST
>From: Kara Steiniger <[log in to unmask]>

Middletown is in Northern CA.  Look in the area north and west of
Sacramento.  I don't know exactly where it is, but their high school team
used to play ours (in Mendocino--on the coast), and I think they came from
the Lake County area.
                     --Kara Steiniger

>Date: Thu, 4 Apr 1996 09:11:38 -0800 (PST)
>From: Phil Hoehn <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Middletown, California?

Village, Lake County, NW California, 22 mi. N of Santa Rosa (Source:
Columbia-Lippincott gazetteer of the world, 1962)

-- Phil Hoehn (Earth Sci. & Map Lib., Univ. of Calif., Berkeley

On Thu, 4 Apr 1996, Darius Bartlett wrote:

> Hi! How's it going?
>
> My daughter has a pen-friend in Middletown, California, and we have been
> trying to locate it on a map to no avail. Can anyone help, please? All we
> know is that it is "six hours" from Los Angeles. But whether that is 6 hours
> north, east, south (presumably not west :-), we don't know.
>
> Could you please e-mail any replies direct to me to avoid cluttering the
> airwaves? Many thanks
>
> Darius Bartlett

> Darius Bartlett                                             Darius Bartlett
> Department of Geography                              Roinn na Tireolaiochta
> University College Cork                      Colaste na hOllscoile Corcaigh
> Cork, Ireland                                                Corcaigh, Eire
>
> Phone: (+353) 21 902835                               Fax: (+353) 21 271980
> Internet: [log in to unmask]          WWW: http://www.ucc.ie:80/ucc.depts/geography
> "Cyberspace. A consensual hallucination experienced daily by billions of
> legitimate operators". - William Gibson, 'Neuromancer' (1984. Harper Collins)

>Date: Thu, 04 Apr 1996 12:37:24 -0400 (EDT)
>From: [log in to unmask] (Paige Andrew)
>Subject: Re: Middletown, California?

Darius,

A quick check of my trusty Hammond's World Atlas (Ambassador Edition)
reveals that Middletown is in southern Lake County, California, due north of
Calistoga and slightly more northeast of Santa Rosa. In a little broader
picture, its north of San Francisco by probably about 45 minutes drive time.

Hope this helps!

Paige

Mr. Paige G. Andrew
Maps/Nonbook Cataloger
E506 Pattee Library
Pennsylvania State University Libraries
The Pennsylvania State University
University Park, PA 16802
phone: 814-865-1755
fax: 814-863-7293

>From: Sue Haffner <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Middletown, California?
>Date: Thu, 4 Apr 1996 11:10:56 -0800 (PST)

Darius,

What is the zipcode for Middletown?  There is a Middletown
Rancheria in Alpine County, Calif.  Could this be the
place?

Sue Haffner, Map Library, CSU Fresno