From:
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 1996 15:06:52 EDT
U.S.A. Map Librarians:

One of the local researchers has need for some South Africa 1:50,000 topo maps.
We have recent 1:250,000 sheets for his area but not 1:50,000s.  I do not yet
know what is available for the area he needs so this is somewhat of a fishing
expedition.  He needs sheets:  2431CD, 2431DC, 2431DD, 2531AB, 2531BA, 2531BB.

If you have these 1:50,000 and would be willing to lend them to us would you
please send me an e-mail message -  [log in to unmask]

2 footnotes:  You should not use the reply function  to reply to this message
as it sends your reply message to the Maps-L list.  You should instead send
your message to a persons e-mail address.

This message was sent with a notice for U.S.A. map librarians because I think
several of the U.S.A. map libraries on Maps-L have this map series. I know
many map libraries   outside the U.S.A. have this series.  I prefer to put
fewer people to the task of looking up the holdings and much prefer to do
ILL with the closest map library. (Of course I will be wrong and find these
sheets are held in only one map room, probably the map library at the south
pole.)

Johnnie D. Sutherland
Curator of Maps
Map Collection