Sender:
From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 08:42:53 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 22:19:27 -0400
From: J. Shore <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re:      declination for Rome (fwd)

-------Original Message--------
> From: Jenny Stone <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: declination for Rome
>
> I've got a patron who's looking for the current declination for Rome,
Italy.
> We've got something from 1985, but if anyone out there knows of a source
> find the most current magnetic declination, I'd be most appreciative.
> Thanks.

My favorite site for current magnetic declination is provided by NOAA at
http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/seg/gmag/fldsnth1.pl  Once there you can
enter lat/long and get declination for any date between 1900 and 2000. (I
don't know what plans they have for 2000 and beyond.)

I input today's date and 41N54 / 12E29 (from www.astro.com) and was rewarded
with a magnetic declination figure of 1 degree 7.8 minutes for Rome Italy.

J. Shore
Graduate Assistant - Cataloging
USF Library, Tampa, FL