From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brendan Whyte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 16:51:12 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 16:28:07 +1000
From: Brendan Whyte <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Old China maps
Sender: Brendan Whyte <[log in to unmask]>

I found a copy of the following map in Beijing's National Library, but the
price to photocopy it was outrageous. Does anyone out there have a copy
that they could xerox and send to me?
Thank you

Tianjin (as it is now known), the city on the coast SE of Beijing:

"Tientsin"
1:25 000
Kartographisien Abteilung Der Preuss
Berlin
1903 or 1905 editions.
1903 edition is 52x59cm, probably in Chinese only
1905 edition is 51x58cm, with Chinese and German language placenames.

I am after this map for the location of the 8 foreign concession in
Tianjin/Tientsin. Anyone having any other map showing these, and preferably
the European street names please also contact me. I know of a Bartholemew
map fomr this time too, but it shows only the British concession in full. A
copy of this would also be handy, but.
Thank you

Brendan Whyte
Geography Dept