From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 13:35:55 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 08:24:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: Ken Grabach <[log in to unmask]>
To: Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: FW: NTIS demise (fwd)

We have an excellent set of CIA maps, none of which was received through
NTIS, although we had a deposit account until early this year.  We
received all our maps from two sources independent of NTIS: the GPO
depository program, and from Library of Congress Documents Expediting
Service.  Most of the maps received from Docs Ex duplicated maps from GPO,
although a few are unique.

I believe University of Nevada Reno (your email address) is a GPO
depository; if you had received your maps directly from NTIS you could add
the item number (0856-A-01) for them from GPO.  Your library may also be a
participant already with the Library of Congress program, as well.  I
don't think it's free, but it's worth it for the fugitive documents you
can get, including some CIA maps.

Ken Grabach         <[log in to unmask]>
Documents and Maps Librarian
Miami University Libraries
Oxford, Ohio  45056  USA