From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 13:48:55 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 12:00:11 -0400 (EDT)
From: Ken Grabach <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: land use/land cover maps of South Pacific countries (fwd)

An atlas called
Vegetation of the tropical Pacific Islands, Dieter Mueller-Dombois,
Springer, 1998,
covers one of the topics.

This web site
http://www-sul.stanford.edu/depts/branner/vegmaps.htm
has a Checklist of Online Vegetation and Plant Distribution Maps

For other material on the vegetation topic use library catalogs or
WorldCat with as subject heading "[place] phytogeography" or [place]
phytogeoography maps", like this:  Philippines phytogeography.

Ken Grabach         <[log in to unmask]>
Documents and Maps Librarian
Miami University Libraries
Oxford, Ohio  45056  USA