From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 08:30:15 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 15:39:52 -0700
From: Kevin McMahon <[log in to unmask]>
To: 'Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum' <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Suggestions regarding digital aerials?

My patrons use aerial photographs heavily, mostly of Southern California. I
have flat files full of print aerials that are only so-so quality. And since
almost without exception what patrons do with the aerials is scan them for
manipulation in their documents, I've been looking into cd-rom aerials. This
area is very confusing to me.

The people at the local map store are usually very helpful, but this is out
of their consumer-oriented range. A faculty member has recommended the
Digitial Geographic Systems/WAC Corp. set of 3 cds of Southern California.
Their promotional material is promising, but the set is expensive.

I wonder if anyone has any practical experience with this material, or any
suggestions of other products?

Thanks.

Kevin McMahon, Library Manager
Southern California Institute of Architecture