From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 09:02:12 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 14:53:15 -0400
From: ahudson <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: National Geographic CD wins Codie

fyi, folks, from maphist! Alice Hudson, NYPL Map Div.  [log in to unmask]
Author:  Adrianne Wortzel <[log in to unmask]> at Internet
Date:    8/28/99 2:20 PM

Dear Maphisters:

Forgive if not relevant to any discussion but I can't help but gleefully
report that the National Geographic CD on mapping was just awarded the
Codie prize for the best new software this year. It was up against the
usual ecommerce and commercial graphic software and the gentlemen who came
up to accept the award exclaimed "CONTENT REIGNS"... I had not heard about
it before but evidently its an 8 cd set with all the maps ever printed in
the magazine and the presenter thanked all the hundreds of cartographers
who worked on it.

I am sorry I dont have the exact title or ISBN.  I just thought this event
was rather sweet!

Adrianne Wortzel