From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brendan Whyte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 17:22:28 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 10:39:46 +1000
From: Brendan Whyte <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Indian electorate maps
Sender: Brendan Whyte <[log in to unmask]>

I am seeking maps of electoral boundaries in India (West Bengal) and
Bangladesh.
The Atlas of India has a plate of electoral boundaries, but even the Atlas
editions of the 1990s haven't updated this since 1962, and the seats have
definitely been redrawn since then. This is a very useful plate otherwise
as it also shows administrative districts and one can compare electorates
to these. Does anyone know where I can obtain a more recent (>1990?) map,
particularly of W.Bengal electorates? A map for any of the past 3 elections
would be fine (I doubt the areas were redrawn in that time).
Bangladesh electorate maps are also needed, but may be much more difficult
to find. Ideas?

Despite several websites about the indian elections, there are no
electorate maps online that i can find.

Brendan Whyte
University of Melbourne
--- End Forwarded Message ---