From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 14:17:05 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 09:18:34 +0100
From: Andrew Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Altas Shelving <fwd>
Sender: Andrew Cook <[log in to unmask]>

     Katherine

     For many years I used double-sided, center-supported,
     library shelving, pushed close to the wall. At the
     front I used shelves without a back lip; at the back,
     shelves with a back-lip, but turned the other way.  The
     construction of the shelf support units allowed me to
     push atlases through the whole depth of the double
     shelves.  Necessary, of course, to keep front and back
     shelves at the same interval.

     Andrew Cook

     Dr Andrew S Cook
     Map Archivist
     India Office Records
     The British Library
     96 Euston Road              Telephone +44 20 7412 7828
     London NW1 2DB               Fax +44 20 7412 7641/7858
     United Kingdom               E-mail: [log in to unmask]