From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 16:42:34 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 16:31:42 -0400
From: marley <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Maps of municipal boundaries for the largest 50 US cities
Sender: marley <[log in to unmask]>

We have a student who needs to see clearly municipal boundaries for
cities within metropolitan areas. This is an easy question to answer for
county boundaries from printed atlases and web sites.

I have found one web site, the Tiger site at the census where they have
the municipal boundaries but we simply can't trace the boundaries
because roads and other information overwhelm the boundaries.

U. Va. has the County and City Cata Books but no boundaries. The U.S.
Natl atlas on line has met. areas but not municipalities within.

AceUSA has a point coverage at 1:12K.

To complicate matters this student has never used a GIS. So first, any
easy answers that I have overlooked, and second, a convenient warehouse
for downloading shape files (ArcView) by met. area with the boundaries
we need.

Any leaads appreciated. Carol Marley, McGill University
--- End Forwarded Message ---