From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Antonio da Cruz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 16:06:17 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 18:05:40 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)
From: Antonio da Cruz <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: globe kits
Sender: Antonio da Cruz <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Colleagues,
Apologies, as ever, for the delay.
Alice's request for a globe kit reminded me of one of Tau
Rho Alpha's paper models.  One can download these models in
various formats from the following site:
http://www.avo.alaska.edu/Input/lahr/taurho/papermod.html
The third model is a small globe showing tectonic plates.
The gores are sized so one can stick them on to a tennis
ball.
Alas, I must admit that I have yet to construct one of
these globes, so cannot comment on their degree of
fabrication irritation.
Happy Cutting and Glueing.
Tinho
Antonio da Cruz (Tinho)               [log in to unmask]
Map Curator, Department of Geography, Roxby Building
University of Liverpool,  LIVERPOOL  L69 7ZT
Telephone:  0151 794 2844    Fax:  0151 794 2866

See the British Archaeological Association web page
http://www.britarch.ac.uk/baa
--- End Forwarded Message ---