From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Caplan,Ellen
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 16:15:52 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 10:59:19 -0400
From: "Caplan,Ellen" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Validation of superscripts, subscripts and Greek characters
Sender: "Caplan,Ellen" <[log in to unmask]>

I just wanted to advise those of you who catalog on OCLC that there was a
problem on Monday concerning superscripts, subscripts and Greek characters
in Passport, CatME and CJK.  It was corrected Monday night and the
characters were available for input on Tuesday. If you have any questions
about this, feel free to contact me.

Dan Seldin reported on Monday, May 22:
"Has anyone else had a problems validating coordinates on OCLC today.  When
we try to validate coordinates on OCLC an error message comes back stating
that we must use ALA characters in that subfield.  We are using the
superscript 0, miagkii znak, and tverdyi znak as we always have.  I don't
know what the problem is."

Ellen Caplan
OCLC, Collections and Technical Services
800-848-5878
--- End Forwarded Message ---