From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathy Spencer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 16:33:51 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 15:16:52 -0500
From: Kathy Spencer <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Map Organizing
Sender: Kathy Spencer <[log in to unmask]>

I am looking for ideas.  We have maps in several locations in our Geology
Library.  Series are split because some maps are folded on shelves and
others are laying flat.  Some maps are very small and fit in manilla
envelopes and others again are very large.  We have two map rooms and that
is where nearly all of these are housed, however, there are map shelves and
map files where series and geographic areas are split.  Unfortunately, many
of these maps are not cataloged and those that are maybe in LC and or
SuDoc.  How do some of you bring organization to this type of setting?  I
would appreciate hearing what others have done.

Kathy
--- End Forwarded Message ---