From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
mike furlough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 09:53:50 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 07:26:43 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
From: mike furlough <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Acquiring GIS data from state/local government
Sender: mike furlough <[log in to unmask]>

Hi all,

One of the MAGERT sessions at ALA this year will be on the topic of
acquiring GIS data of various kinds.  I'll be speaking on the
subject of working with state/local government to acquire data for
educational use.  I can talk about my experiences in Virginia, but
all politics is local, and so is data acquisition.

I think it would be more a more interesting talk if I included the
experiences of librarians in other states as well. I'm interested
in hearing about both sucessful working relationships and
disastrous experiences in dealing with local and state government.
You can speak on or off the record--If I were to retell your story,
I'd be as discreet as you like.

If you're interested in talking to me about this, just drop me a
line and I'll get back in touch with you.

mike furlough

Mike Furlough
Geospatial and Statistical Data Center
University of Virginia Library