CILIATEMOLBIO-L Archives

Ciliate Molecular Biology

CILIATEMOLBIO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Ronald Pearlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2018 15:19:56 -0500
Please see below for the announcement of a lucrative 2 year postdoctoral
fellowship at York University that can be held in my lab in the Department
of Biology. I am willing to support an applicant for this award.

This award will be very competitive and there are unfortunately few awards
spread over the entire Faculty of Science. An interested applicant will
need to have a strong academic and publication record. The successful
applicant will need to have completed their Ph.D. and take up the award by
October 2019.

Research would focus on aspects of chromatin and regulation of
transcription exploiting the nuclear dimorphism of Tetrahymena. Other
related projects including bioinformatic analysis could be pursued. See
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=Pearlman%20RE&cmd= for some
recent publications and I can provide information about some recently
submitted manuscripts if of interest.

Timing is tight and the application deadline is January 4, 2019. Anyone
interested in pursuing this opportunity, please contact me immediately so
we might begin preparing an application quickly. Please let me know if you
have any questions.

To be clear, I unfortunately have no independent funding to support a
postdoctoral fellow so anyone joining my lab as a postdoc would need to be
successful in this competition or have a source of independent salary
support funding.

            Ron Pearlman

Dr. Ronald E. Pearlman           [log in to unmask]
Associate Scientific Director
Co-ordinator, Student Outreach Programs
The Gairdner Foundation
Past President and Advisor
Royal Canadian Institute for Science (RCIS)
University Professor Emeritus and Senior Scholar
Dept. of Biology
Director, Core Molecular Biology Facility
York University
4700 Keele St., Toronto, Ontario, Canada M3J 1P3
Phone:416-736-5241; FAX:416-736-5698