From:
Janet Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 1996 16:22:50 EST
Hi,

Here is another one of those open-ended discussion questions --sorry, but
we are just getting started with the issue of metadata.  (A little slow
on this end, must be due to our nonstop rain?) Anyway,

How many of your institutions are working on creating metadata of your
holdings?

Who is doing it?  Is it happening in your map collection?  cataloging
department?  Does your cataloging department even know what it is?

Our gov't docs dept. simply assigns a sudoc # and enters into a
database of cd holdings.  Do you think that will be the norm?

Many thanks in advance.  I'm looking forward to the responses!

Janet Collins
Huxley Map Library
Western Washington Univ.