From:
Mary Larsgaard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 16:52:06 EDT
Yes, that's right - this is another one of those messages announcing a meeting
at the American Library Association Annual Conference in San Francisco.  This is
one of the ALA Map and Geography Round Table's Research Libraries Collection
Management Group (which we interpret very broadly to be any matter of interest
to those building and maintaing a spatial-data collection in a research library
- which latter we also define very broadly :))

Saturday, June 28, 11:30-12:30am  Hotel Nikko, Pink Pearl Room
Topic: If You Were Building the Perfect Spatial-Data Digital Library, What Would
It Be Like?

- summary of plans for the Alexandria Digital Library/UCSB Davidson Library
October 1997 release (initially to UC system only; if bugs are few, we hope to
open relatively soon on Web); requests for improvements to persons attending
meeting (so bring your wish lists!)
- for those of us who judge meetings by number and weight of the handouts, this
should be nearly perfect - enough handouts so you don't have to take many notes,
but not so many that it is impossible for one unaided person to lift your
suitcase, since it now weighs as much as the Hydrogeologic Atlas of Michigan.

Mary Larsgaard
Alexandria Digital Library/Davidson Library
University of California, Santa Barbara