From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 2008 14:46:04 -0500
Subject:        reply re: Map Cabinets - How High?
Date:   Mon, 06 Oct 2008 15:25:50 -0400
From:   Diane Browning <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Here at EMU Halle Library we do have all of our map cases stacked 4
high now.  So far our map cases are doing fine stacked that high and
it may be the brand of map case.  We only order Hamilton Unit Map
cases which we feel are the best quality.  Also, we do not overfill
each drawer and try to keep it at a reasonable weight per drawer. I
am not sure what brand map case you are using but if you do not have
the information for the Hamilton Units, let me know and I will
certainly be glad to give you the ordering information we
have.  Also, our map cases are NOT on legs but on flat bases which
might also make them sturdier.

Diane Browning
Library Associate - Map Library - Halle Library
Eastern Michigan University
Ypsilanti, MI  48197