From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Apr 2005 08:03:17 -0500
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005
From: "David J. Bertuca" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: China's view of itself in the World

hi all;

This recently was asked and I know there are maps such as this but have not
been able to locate them again. Does anyone have either such a map or a
cite to where I might find one? I am looking ideally for an image file
(.jpg, etc.), but paper map or map in an atlas would work too.

Thank you.

<<<<forwarded question<<<<<<

I've really appreciated your help in the past. Let me pose another
question. My understanding of Chinese civilization is that (since they see
themselves as at the center of the world) their projection is based on
China at the hub, not Western Europe as is common with the Robinson or
Mercator projections. True? More important, do you know of a source that
has such a map? Do we, in terms of a .jpg format? Let me know if you have
time. Thanks for your help.

David J. Bertuca