From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 2009 10:16:08 -0600
Subject:        Re: 19th century London vector data?
Date:   Thu, 22 Jan 2009 11:14:29 -0500
From:   Whitley Frost <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Hello Ilene,
There are two venues through Harvard that may be of use:
the Harvard Geospatial Library
http://hgl.harvard.edu
contains georeferenced images of 18th and 19th century London that are
free for download at a high resolution and may be used with GIS
software.  This would come in handy if the students want to extract
vector data that is tagged with coordinates.  The downloaded images do
not require GIS software if the students do not need to display it in a
georeferenced framework.

The same images found in the Harvard Geospatial Library may be found in
the Harvard University Library catalog HOLLIS, under the entry: /Harvard
Map Collection digital maps. England. London./
Harvard Map Collection digital maps
<http://lms01.harvard.edu/F/M48IHTQKYIT4K9F111E53HFD8N6M8JSQ142G8AV1NMHE5SIUUD-59809?func=scan&scan_start=066221453&scan_code=TIN&scan_op=CONT>

Sincerely,
Whitley Frost