From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:42:48 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 08:30:21 -0600
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: help - Lima Peru
Sender: [log in to unmask]

     Another librarian has asked my help for a patron of his who wants a
     map of the municipalities in the Department of Lima, Peru. I can
     find a list of municipalities on the web, but no map. I found cites
     to a few maps at LC that indicate they are political maps of the
     Department of Lima but that doesn't necessarily mean they are maps
     of the municipalities since Departments are composed of provinces
     that are divided by districts, according to Background Notes. The
     Country Study of Peru indicates that there are municipalities, but
     makes it sound like their status is shaky. The CIA maps only show
     the 24 Departments of Peru and I can't find anything more detailed
     in GEOKATALOG or MapLink's catalog. I'm assuming that we're looking
     for a map with boundaries, not just dots for cities. Does anyone
     have a detailed South American map collection that would include
     something like this?

     Thanks for your help!
     Arlyn

Arlyn Booth
Map Coordinator
Illinois State Library
300 S. Second, Rm. 305
Springfield, IL 62701-1796
(217) 782-5823
FAX: (217) 782-4446

Jesse White, Secretary of State and State Librarian

--- End Forwarded Message ---