From:
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 16:10:50 -0400
Subject: Re: National Atlas of India]
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 15:06:20 -0700
From: Tony Meadow <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

------------------

Actually you can - you need to go to the "Wayback machine" located at
<http://www.archive.org/>. This started as a project by Brewster
Kahle (known for his earlier work with wais and gopher) and is an
attempt to preserve much of the past of the www. You can look up any
web site and see earlier versions of it. It does apparently download
pdf's or any other files like that - just html, etc. And it doesn't
do dynamic content very well. Never the less it's quite a useful
place. Highly recommended.

>The second list I have is from Vedams Books from India
>(www.vedamsbooks.com/no31476.htm) and is for the Abridged Edition (English),
>listing 30 plates.
>
>Some of the plates I have in hand match up with the Abridged edition and
>some of with the 8 vol. set.  However, most don't seem to match either at
>all.  The plate number is different or the plate title is wrong (depending
>on how you look at it).  Has anyone tackled this frustrating set of maps?
>Are there other editions of the Atlas out there with numbering systems that
>will map to the numbers I have?  Any insight would be most appreciated!
>
>Thanks,
>
>Matthew Parsons, Map Librarian
>Map Collection and Cartographic Information Services Unit
>University of Washington Libraries
>206-543-9392

Tony Meadow, Bear River Associates
Telephone: 510.834.5387; email: [log in to unmask]