From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven Jodoin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 12:35:45 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 03:54:50 +1100
From: Steven Jodoin <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: MAP QUESTION!
Sender: Steven Jodoin <[log in to unmask]>

John,

Not sure if this helps at all, but my experiences may shed some light.

The thinking Lat-Long is perhaps something that seems to be North American.
Having
started out in Canada and then moving on to work in other countries
Internationally
I was often caught out in my early days abroad by those, particularly from
the UK
and Australia when I would mention the position of such-and-such as being
Lat-Long.
Most people from these countries would be quick to say "You mean Long-Lat
don't you?"

Check out the publisher.  Could it be that its a UK or Aus based publication
(or
something from outside North America?).

Don't worry about being any more humiliated than I was at the time.  Its
just
the way we grew up thinking about positions (e.g. Lat-Long's).

Sort of like "You say Tomayto, I say Tomaato" isn't it.  :)

Steve
http://www.ozemap.com.au